Ok, I can see that I'll have to do a bit of promotion here. First of all, if in paperback form, the thing would only run about thirty three pages. That's why it's billed as a 'short story' - you can download the reader for free. Second, the blasted thing will only cost you two bucks and ninety nine cents, which I'm sure won't bust you. And third, I was really hoping that you would find it in the same quality that Piers Anthony found it and post a customer comment on Amazon for me.
So to get you all to do these wonderful things for me, here is a brief preview to show you what you're missing.
_________________________
“Oh well. Let's see what else you know.” I went into the kitchen and brought out the box of dog biscuits I'd purchased ahead of time and grabbed a few then went back into the living room, all the while being trailed by Zeta. Whatever I was doing, of course it was all about her. I took the biscuits and broke them into smaller pieces then called her over, which wasn't at all necessary. She knew perfectly well that I had the biscuits.
“Sit.” I commanded. Zeta sat. Good enough. Biscuit.
“Up,” I said with authority while holding my hand over her head. Zeta stood on her hind legs to meet my hand with her nose. So far so good. Biscuit.
“Shake” I said, offering her my hand in front of her. Zeta offered her left paw. I switched hands and said, “Ok, the other paw.” Zeta complied. Now we're getting somewhere. Biscuit.
“Lie down” I commanded. Zeta laid down. Biscuit. “This is cool!” I thought. In view of not having any children or anyone else to order about, this was great!. I wonder if I can get her to do the dishes?
“Roll over” I said confidently.
“No.” Zeta said.
“What? Roll over!” I repeated, this time more sternly.
“No.” she repeated flatly.
“Why not?” I asked her.
“Not dignified.” came the lady-like response.
“Dignified? You a dog! Dignity has nothing to do with it!” I complained. Did those people know anything about real dogs? This was going to take some work.
“Biscuit?” Zeta inquired longingly.
“No you don't get a biscuit! – you didn't do the trick.” I argued.
“But I always get the biscuit! My other masters would give me the biscuit. Besides, you still have more in your hand. I know you do. I can smell 'em. There right there...” she insisted, nosing my hand. This was no cat, I thought pulling my hand away.
Ok, now picture my sad, puppy-dog face when I go look at my sales reports and see that you haven't purchased my book. :(...
And if you think for one moment that this is to make anyone feel guilty, it's absolutely not true.
Ok, yes it is.
_________________________
Ok, now picture my sad, puppy-dog face when I go look at my sales reports and see that you haven't purchased my book. :(...
And if you think for one moment that this is to make anyone feel guilty, it's absolutely not true.
Ok, yes it is.
Comments
Post a Comment