Without a doubt, the best movie I've watched in quite some time is Baz Luhrmann's Australia. This is what movies are all about. Epic in story and scope, Australia is the story of a proper English widow that continues her husband's task of securing a cattle ranch deep in the Australian Outback. Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman take the lead roles, but are upstaged by an extremely charismatic young boy Brandon Walters. Walters, is a native Aboriginal that had never before left Western Australia and at age six, survived and defeated a bout with leukemia. He not only acts in the film, but narrates it as well.
I watched this film on my computer. But if you've not yet seen this movie and you are inclined to take my advice, get yourselves a big bucket of popcorn, a good supply of your favorite beverage and watch it on the biggest screen you can find. Although the film is two hours and forty five minutes long, it moves along superbly with stunning Australian imagery and a really beautiful story written by Director Baz Luhrmann himself. Films like Australia don't come along very often, so don't let this one pass you by. I promise you it's the very reason you enjoy watching movies.
I watched this film on my computer. But if you've not yet seen this movie and you are inclined to take my advice, get yourselves a big bucket of popcorn, a good supply of your favorite beverage and watch it on the biggest screen you can find. Although the film is two hours and forty five minutes long, it moves along superbly with stunning Australian imagery and a really beautiful story written by Director Baz Luhrmann himself. Films like Australia don't come along very often, so don't let this one pass you by. I promise you it's the very reason you enjoy watching movies.
Thanks for the review, Chris. Sounds like one we'll need to add to our must watch list.
ReplyDelete